Avoid the bumps with ATV insurance
What do dirt bikes, dune buggies, quads, and other all-terrain vehicles have in common? They’re off-road… but they’re still vehicles.
It’s just as important to get your off-road vehicles insured as it is to get your on-road vehicles insured. When off-roading, you still want protection against damage and liability. In addition, we can help cover the costs of towed trailering and other transport, your aftermarket parts and accessories, safety apparel, damages other than collision, and more.
Off-road vehicles can be a blast. Whether you’re dirt biking on the weekend, pounding your quad through gravel pits, or trail riding with an ATV, you’re enjoying the ride. That ride is all the better when you know that you’re covered if your off-road vehicle is lost or stolen, or if you get into an accident.
What does ATV insurance cover? Options include:
- Comprehensive: In most circumstances, comprehensive off-road insurance coverage pays for damage to your vehicle if it’s caused by an event other than a collision. Was it damaged by fire, theft, vandalism, flooding, or an animal? Then comprehensive coverage will likely apply
- Collision: To cover significant physical damage to your off-road vehicle if you hit another vehicle, a tree, a parked vehicle, a big rock, a stump, a fence post or other obstacle. Just pay the deductible you chose, and your collision pays for the rest. (Due to the rough nature of off-roading, collision doesn’t provide coverage for scrapes, scratches, minor dings/dents, or other cosmetic damages.)
- Bodily injury & property damage liability: To pay for injuries to people or damage to property caused by your off-road vehicle. Liability coverage also helps to protect your assets
- Uninsured/Underinsured/Unidentified motorist: If the person at fault for an accident doesn’t have insurance – or doesn’t have enough insurance, or if you weren’t able to catch him – Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury will help pay for injuries and damages you suffer, such as medical treatment and lost wages
How can you keep your ATV insurance rates low?
At Atlantic, we strive to match your insurance needs with the best coverage at the lowest price possible. While ATV insurance is surprisingly affordable, here are some factors that can help keep your rates even lower:
- Safe driving: If you have violations on your driving record or claims on your ATV insurance policy, your rates will be higher. Keeping your record clean means lower rates
- Vehicle type: Choose your ride carefully. Vehicles that are considered more aggressive generally cost more to insure. (Why? Because historically claims for such vehicles are higher.)
- Insure multiple vehicles: Got more than one off-road vehicle? You’re likely eligible for a discount for insuring more than one on your policy
Heighten the enjoyment of the off-road by getting on the path to ATV insurance. Call us today for a free quote.